Alamo Housing Co-operative is responsible for providing day to day repairs and maintenance services to the properties we manage on behalf of Network Homes and other landlords. However, please note that Network Homes has retained responsibility for maintaining and servicing gas boilers, external redecoration, major repairs and for some health and safety functions.
In order to deliver the repairs service, we have employed a specialist property management agency, CDS Co-operatives.
You can report repairs to CDS’s customer service centre during office hours. There is also an out of hours service for emergencies which operates 24 hours a day. You will find contact details for CDS over the page.
Before reporting a repair we would ask you to check that the problem is not one that is the tenant’s responsibility. The repairs that you are responsible for are listed below.
If you have any queries about repairs, or would like to discuss a specific repair with a member of staff before calling CDS, please contact Paul Dempsey at the Alamo office.
If you have a leak, first turn off the stopcock, then call CDS Co-operatives to report it.
Serious leaks will be treated as an emergency.
Tel: 03333 213030
Leave the building immediately and call 999 for the fire brigade.
- Do not attempt to collect your things
- Do not try to fight the fire
If you smell gas!
Leave the property immediately and call Transco on 0800 111 999
- Do not smoke
- Do not turn any light switches or electrical equipment on or off
- Open doors and windows
- Check if a gas appliance has been left on or a pilot light has blown out
- Turn off the gas supply at the meter
Central heating breakdowns
If you have a problem with your boiler please call Network Homes’ repairs line.
Tel: 0300 373300
Repairs that are your responsibility
There are some repairs that we expect our members to do for themselves. However we may be able to assist in exceptional circumstances. Please contact the Alamo office if you have a query about a specific repair.
- Unblocking drains and toilets (if you have caused the blockage)
- Replacing lost keys (we suggest that you leave a spare key with a relative or neighbour)
- Water damage caused by your appliances, particularly washing machines
- Repairing broken windows (unless you have a crime reference number)
- Replacing toilet seats, fuses, plugs, and light bulbs (except in special cases)
- Fixing and replacing damaged internal doors and door furniture
How long will my repair take?
When you report a repair you have a right to expect that we will complete the repair within a certain period of time. Our target time-scales for repairs are shown below. These time- scales also apply to repairs ordered through our agents, CDS Co-operatives.
Repairs to communal areas
Alamo staff regularly inspect the common hallways. However if you think repairs are needed in the common areas of your building, please do let us know.
If you have a garden, under the terms of your tenancy, it is your responsibility to maintain it. However, if your garden has large, established trees which are causing a hazard or a nuisance, please contact the Alamo office.
If we need to carry out repairs because you have damaged or neglected your home, we may recharge you for part or all of the cost of those repairs.